Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Why no dates/time showing?
Author: ravi102769 (VA)

I'm sure that this has been asked before, but why doesn't the date and time show up on the posts? I just found the site and don't know how to respond because I don't know if the post was left yesterday or last year.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Why no dates/time showing?
Author: vic (CA)

Rest assured that since our site is by far the most popular plumbing forum on the Net that should you give input on the first page that thousands of people will be reading your comments within a day.

We are different than the majority of similar plumbing forums and we explain our reasons for not showing dates and time on our FAQ page:

[www.plbg.com]

This is what we are showing on that page:

Q: "Why don't you have an automatic date stamp, like most other forums, so that we know what is recent?"

A: We have found that most subjects are not related to time. If time is important then just read the first few pages. Our page number one is usually only a few days old. If you feel that your post IS time sensitive then simply add a date after (or before) your name or subject. If your answer or question is not time related, then please don't show a date.

This is a copy of an actual e-mail that was sent to us:
"I am a reg. plumber and find it rewarding to help people with their problems...however I am finding that with your question and answer section that I don't know what state or date that they are referring to for me to answer their questions properly...answers vary from state to state and if the date is too long ago there is no point in leaving advice."

This is what we wrote back:
"Thanks for your comments. During our first 3,000 test posts (no longer shown) we did show time, e-mail addresses and location. We have found that not showing dates/locations does have drawbacks but it is our hope that most questions and problems are timeless and that the place/location is not important. Sometimes they are important and then the writer can add that in their post. We do have a great search feature on subjects and you know that when you spend the time answering, unlike other advice sites (where a few people read your answers THAT day), your answers here will be read for a long time to come. The ratio of 'thanks' and compliments about the way our site is set up, compared to complaints is at least ten positive letters to one negative letter, and so, we will continue to have our site as it is now. Thanks for your comments and we do recognize that we can not please everyone 100% of the time but we hope that you see the wisdom of why we designed our site the way we did."

Re: Why no dates/time showing?
Author: taylormatthew (KY)

I am newbie in this forum and also notice time and date is not showing.....

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.