Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Algae
Author: Mrsosborn26gmail.com (AZ)

I have been told by my landlord that green algae coming out of my faucets is not harmful and is normal nowhere else i have lived have i encounters this problem is he right? Or is it actually a real problem?

Re: Algae
Author: bernabeu (SC)

Green algae from faucets is NOT, repeat NOT, normal.

Take a water sample to the local Dept. of Public Health, water supply, university, or agricultural college and get it tested.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thank you very much i thought he was full of it just to dang lazy to take care of it. Obviously i was concerned enough not to drink it but is it harmful to shower with i dont get into town much so it will be a few days till i can take a sample in. Meanwhile should i avoid bathin in it and beg a shower at a friends?

Edited 1 times.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

What is the source of your water?

I assume natural draw from somewhere i live in an rv park just outside yuma so possibly the river

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

Oh my goodness, red flags are everywhere. You must find out your water source and have it tested. You must find out if the RV park has a septic system or if they just dump everything into the river. I had a ski boat once and explored a little lake off the beaten path that had lots of little houseboats on it. It was a "calm-water" lake, and the houseboats just dumped their sewage overboard. I have never seen a nastier lake. It had huge algae blooms that rose 20-30 feet from the bottom and would foul the propeller. I would not drink it, bathe in it, or ever go back to ski on top of it.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Well water or city supplied waters ?

Best Wishes

Thank you all for ur informative suggestions big grin

Thank you all for ur informative suggestions I will have a long talk with the landlord and insist he rectify the situation thank goodness for sites like this.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.