Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 puddle outside my house forms when kitchen sink or dishwasher drains
Author: mountainstream (GA)

Couple of months ago my dishwasher broke, it ran for an hour before I realized it and turned it off. Since then I have been washing dishes in the sink, letting the water run to rinse the dishes. The day my dishwasher broke, I noticed that a puddle had formed in the yard outside, not far from the kitchen. Ever since, when the I run the kitchen faucet I notice the puddle forms. Only when I use the kitchen sink, not the washer or showers or toilets.

Re: puddle outside my house forms when kitchen sink or dishwasher drains
Author: KCRoto (MO)

Do you have a septic tank?

Author: packy (MA)

start digging. the fix could be simple or it could be complete replacement of an underground pipe.

No, we are on city sewerage. Also, since this started my sewerage bill has increased.

Sewer charges in all the places I have worked are based on water usage. If it were a water line, it would be flooding all the time and not just when the kitchen sink was being drained. I think I would have to second the motion of digging up the problem area. I imagine that the offending line is quite shallow if the water is forming on the ground. There are a couple things you need to do first.
1. Get the utilities located. [www.georgia811.com]
2. When you get the line dug up, get a plumber to cable and video inspect the line. The problem may not be limited to one small spot. If the problem is worse than expected, they can use the radio frequency from the camera to locate its position underground and map out the location, eliminating guesswork.

Thank you smiling smiley

Thank you

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thank you smiling smiley
Author: Paul48 (CT)

In the past, I've read about folks with septic systems running these type of fixtures to a drywell.Did the house ever have a septic system?

Re: Thank you smiling smiley

That was my initial suspicion. It may still be, or the line may run around the house to connect to the main. Either way it needs dug up.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.