Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Storage tank for well overflow
Author: petesancyr (ME)

My brothers well has a constant overflow. I'm building a cabin next to his and want to add a tank to the overflow for my water supply. What kind of tank and size should I get as well as any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Storage tank for well overflow
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Is it a natural spring well or pump driven?

Best Wishes

It's pump driven.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

You'll need at minimum a 500 gallon underground tank with a submersible pump in it, and an overflow.

Thank you smiling smiley

Do you have a recommendation for the tank. I m hoping not to go with a cement tank but rather pic/plastic? Any other thoughts, suggestions, as well as details as to what else I need etc would be greatly appreciated. I'm really having a hard time finding someone locally to give me some pointers. Thank you

Edited 1 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I prefer a prefab cement tank, the fittings are already embedded in the bottom of the tank, all you have to do is connect one of them to the pump, and add a piece of pipe to the other for an overflow. It wouldn't have to be completely buried, just deep enough to keep the pipes at the bottom from freezing. You could either pipe the incoming water up thru one of the fittings at the bottom, or drill a hole up on the side of the tank if you prefer. I've found that plastic tanks are prone to grow algae around the top of the water level.
Almost all the local septic tank makers also pour water tanks as well, they are the same size, except for the height.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.