Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta "custom fit" grey supplies.
Author: mwilliams28 (Non-US)

I have been installing Delta faucets with the built in grey plastic "custom fit" supplies for a number of years - lately these have been included in even high end models- and I considered them to be sufficiently reliable and even @#$%& proof. Due to a pump control problem my install in a 6 bathroom home was tested today with +150 p.s.i. ranges and I received a call back only for failures in these supplies (luckily someone was home). I believe there would have been no issues if a braided compression supply had been used.

Within hours, I was called to flood in a basement apartment for the same reason. The grey plastic pipe in both cases had slipped passed the ferrule and caused the joint to fail, but this time it was working under normal 50 p.s.i. pressure regulated conditions. It appeared manufacturers instructions were followed on these two joints.

Anybody with similar issues?

Re: Delta "custom fit" grey supplies.
Author: hj (AZ)

Did you use the factory connection, (I always do), or did you cut them to fit and used the supplied ferrules?

Author: m & m (MD)

When it involves PEX supplies and plastic ferrules, I always tighten the compression nut as tight as I can to lock the ferrule to the supply. No failures yet.

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

Agree with HJ, I never cut the factory ends off delta supply tubes, they will bend or coil out of the way easily. Never had a problem. I did have problem using plastic ferrules on cut pvc tubes once in that although the threads on the new compression nut were clean, the threads on the stop were 'slightly" different and had some mineral build-up, making the nut hard to tighten. I tightened the nut using a hold-back wrench to the point I felt it was "tight" but it wasn't enough to compress the ferrule properly. You can guess what happened next. I refuse to use them anymore.

Author: Doug E. (CA)

Do you add plastic stiffeners into the PEX tubing?

They use whatever Delta sends with the faucet, and I do not remember if they supply stiffeners, because as I stated, I NEVER cut the factory ends off so I don't use them.

Author: packy (MA)

some of those tubes that extend down from the faucet are sooo long you could have the sink on the second floor and the supply stops in the basement.

Author: PlumerDan (CA)

I never cut them either.I just use small zip ties and roll them hi and tie...

And they ALL curl up to fit the space needed.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

I thank my Creator daily that I am retired and not compelled to install the junk the customer demands today.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.