Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toto faucet handle removal
Author: cloudstreet (OR)

I have this set in our bathroom sink and the handles are both a bit loose. I'd like to tighten things up but there are no grub screws or hidden screws at all to remove the the handles. I'm assuming the caps on the handles come off somehow but I don't want to just go prying at them damaging the nice polish without knowing if they actually screw off or do they just pop off somehow?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Image:

[www.dropbox.com]

Re: Toto faucet handle removal
Author: steve (CA)

Try unscrewing the tapered cone trim. The handle will probably come off with the trim.

Author: packy (MA)

i'm betting that the button on top either unscrews or pops off.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I think the caps on the handles are a friction fit. Carefully pry underneath them with a sharp object.

Toto installation and parts manuals for a Vivian faucet(looks similar) show the handle and trim as one unit(one part#) and the button doesn't come off.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Contact TOTO

General Customer Service

1-888-295-8134
custservice@totousa.com
Hours: 8AM to 6PM EST -
Monday to Friday

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Wow! Thanks for all the replies! thumbs

Wow! Thanks for all the replies!

I tried unscrewing the cone at the base and I found that it just screws up into the handle so the handles definitely come off.

I tried prying at them with a couple of very sharp tools with no result so I think I'll contact Toto to find out if the really are a screw or friction fit before I get too aggressive smile

Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

Once the cone is loose did you try pulling up on the handle?

I did try pulling up on the handle - the cone un-screwas a turn or so then jams itself up against the handle, cannot actually unscrew the cone enough for it to release so the cone and handle seem to be independent of each other.

Do you know the model name/# of the faucet?

To round this out, I did get a response from customer service at Toto USA and they let me know that the caps are a friction fit, a putty knife being the tool of choice to pry them off.

Thanks everyone for the input, great community!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.