Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Double Header Slab Leak
Author: Rick Laser (CA)

We noticed water on the floor in our kitchen and it turns out it was a slab leak. In fact two. The plumber found one between a manifold in the dining room and a manifold in the kitchen, and another one between the kitchen manifold and the master bath upstairs that was a few feet from the first leak detected? Is it unusual to have multiple leaks detected at the same time? Or were we just really unlucky? Both leaks were on the hot water side.

We are trying to decide on either a copper or pex reroute. Copper has been the industry standard for a long time but pex is cheaper. Any strong preferences? Thanks.

My neighbor has pex and during a termite inspection in his attic there was evidence some vermin (rats?) had been gnawing on the pex. That was a bummer.

Re: Double Header Slab Leak
Author: packy (MA)

i've used pex in my own home..

Author: m & m (MD)

I've repaired half a dozen or so PEX or PB tubing leaks that I was able to verify as 'rodent induced'.

Author: hj (AZ)

In my experience, I have only had a single leak in any home, so two woudl be unusual, but also an idication that there may be a problem with the water or tubing so rerouting would be a good option.

Thanks to all! thumbs
Author: Rick Laser (CA)

Thanks to all!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.