Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen faucet is leaking from below
Author: sum (FL)

This faucet has been in use for over 10 years, and I think it is a JADO, but no idea or the model or part number. I tried to do a search and realized American Standard has acquired JADO and have discontinued it in the US.

The sink cabinet has a puddle of water, and after removing everything and examining the connections, I believe it is the actual hose that is leaking.

I checked the hot and cold valves and connections - DRY.

It is a pull out faucet with a hose below, and the bottom of the hose is dripping water.

The hose forms a loop, the left side goes up to the actual faucet, that side seems dry. The right side goes up to connect to a copper tubing to receive the mixed water. That looks like a 3/8" connection, but feeling it that connection is dry too while water is running above and dripping below.

So the only conclusion is the actual hose is leaking, right? The leak is very slow, one drop every 2-3 seconds. I was staring at the hose with a flash light for like a minute and I *THINK* I see water spiraling down the "channels" of that hose, I can't pin point where exactly however.

Given that, I guess I need to replace the hose. Disconnect the hose from base of faucet to where it connects to that 3/8" (I think) below. Apparently I can't get a new hose from the manufacturer, so question is - is this hose a proprietary item or is this somewhat generic like a shower hose? Or should I just get a new kitchen faucet?

While I have the sink cabinet cleaned out I am also going to change the hot and cold valves while I am at it. The original faucet has a 1/2" MIP connection. Last guy used a 3/8"X1/2" vinyl connector, there has to be a cleaner way to do this?

Edited 3 times.

Re: Kitchen faucet is leaking from below
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Most home improvement stores sell a replacement hose in kit form that includes various adapters to connect to the faucet . Some are quick connect, push to connect, snap lock, threaded, etc.

Author: m & m (MD)

Dollars to donuts sum that the problem is the hand held sprayer, not the hose. The spray heads on many pullout faucets are generic and made by the same manufacturer (not the faucet manufacturer). Often, the sprayer cracks at the base of the plastic threads. Other times, it is the gasket connection itself that needs a new gasket.

Author: hj (AZ)

The hose is probably split inside the metal sheath. If it still leaks underneath when you have the spout in the sink THAT is the problem. A "generic/fitsall" hose will work, but I prefee to use one with the proper connections on the end to avoid using multiple connections any one of which could start leaking. The faucet design and hose connection look like Pfister. Depending on where it is broken, I have taken them apart and repaired tehm.

Edited 2 times.

Going with a new one
Author: sum (FL)

I have the whole faucet removed and now redoing the valves. I will take it apart later for an autopsy. May be if it can be repaired I will use it at a rental. I will be using a new faucet.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Going with a new one
Author: Fixitangel (NC)

You've got my support, bud. I would have voted for a new one. Not only did the old one leak, it was UGLY. Carry on!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.