Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Difference in Goulds Submersible Pumps
Author: ryan6916 (MI)

Hi, I think our well pump is ready to die. It's 18 years old and our water pressure has been dropping for a few months. IT has dropped drastically in the past week and currently the pressure is so low, that if the shower is running upstairs and someone downstairs turns on a faucet or flushes a toilet the shower upstairs will shut off.

The pressure gauge in the basement by the pressure switch says 15psi. It never goes above that. The pressure switch is new and is a 40/60 switch

The pump we currently have is a Goulds 10SB05421C and like I said is 18 years old. I think we need to replace it and I'm looking at pumps. Should I get the same pump or a Goulds 10LS05421C ?

What is the difference between the 2 pumps?

Thanks for any help you can give me smiling smiley

Re: Difference in Goulds Submersible Pumps
Author: m & m (MD)

The only difference is in the models, one being a BS model (discontinued), the other being an LS model (current). The pump is probably ok, there is probably a leak in the discharge pipe or fitting.

Thanks for your reply. How would I test for that?

You would have to put a pressure test on the well side of the system (usually on the discharge pipe that enters into the house foundation) before the pressure tank.

Okay thanks for the info. smiling smiley

Okay thanks for the info. I know what I'll be doing this weekend. But if it is the pump the LS should work fine?

Edited 1 times.

Re: Okay thanks for the info. smiling smiley

Yes. Both models are a 10 GPM, 1/2 HP, 2 wire, 115 volt.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.