Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 toilet keeps over flowing n wont drain
Author: kdb81 (NY)

so im pretty sure my toddler flushed a toy. I went out and bought a standard 3ft toilet auger and it got me no where. My toilet is still plugged. Pls help what do i need to do or buy. Thank you in advance

Re: toilet keeps over flowing n wont drain
Author: m & m (MD)

If an auger is not effective, then the toilet will have to be pulled and inverted and attacked from the outlet.

Re: toilet keeps over flowing n wont drain
Author: Clogger (CA)

(delete please) Duplicate post. Sorry.

Edited 1 times.

My toilet is clogged. What to do now ?

New user here.

My toilet would intermittently not flush, and Zep and/or Gobbler and/or plunging made it work. Two days ago it again stopped up. Tried a three foot toilet auger and it went the whole length, but the toilet will not flush.

Everything else in the house drains fine.

Should I try a 6 foot auger before calling a plumber ?

Saw a youtube video where a "plumber" used sulfuric acid in the toilet bowl, and that worked. Thought that was a no-no.

Another video showed a bladder hose compression unit in the toilet bowl, and that worked.

I prefer to NOT remove the toilet or call a plumber.

Thanks.

Edited 2 times.

Re: My toilet is clogged. What to do now ?

So I used a 6 foot auger with a little benefit. Drained the bowl. Added a half cup of Dawn liquid, then two gallons of hot water followed by vigorous plunging. Much better. Checked in the basement and the drain pipes were warm even past the clean-out which was 20 feet toward the street.

The toilet now flushes!

Edited 1 times.

Author: eenie (FL)

It may need to be snaked from the stack. I had the same issue and snaking from the toilet didnt work but snaking from the stack on the roof worked. Home Depot rents snakes to use from stacks.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

Intermittent clogging that persists solely in a toilet is usually a sign of a substandard toilet, or a toilet with a foreign object lodged inside it.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.