Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Plumbers Without Borders
Author: vic (CA)

[water.tallyfox.com]

"...Dedicated to improving access to clean water and sanitation, the new organization—much like Engineers Without Borders or Doctors Without Borders—would rely on a network of volunteers to make annual trips to developing countries and leverage the abilities and local know-how of plumbers on the ground. More than 750 million people worldwide have no access to clean water, and 840,000 people die each year from water-related diseases, according to Water.org."

[www.plumberswithoutborders.org]

Edited 1 times.

Re: Plumbers Without Borders
Author: scottdenny (CA)

Hello Vic!
Greetings from Cambodia
Good to be back. I signed up for PWB a while ago and have not heard a peep. Any idea how they are getting along organization wise?
Coincidently, I'm presently typing from Phnom Penh. On Wednesday I visited a hospital in the countryside which is part of a purified water project my daughter, as an outside contractor affiliated with Emory University, is monitoring. She asked me to ride along, observe the hospital's water system and give suggestions for improvement. After a walk about on site, my initial reaction was let's D-9 (as in a Caterpillar bull dozer) this place and start over.
The filter building was rudimentary, but new and effective. It was what went on after the water left the building that gave me the shivers. Without mincing words, when the French were asked to leave in 1954, this place went into hibernation and they're just now trying to wake it up. When asked how this facility compared to the other 3 she is working with, my daughter rated it as no.2 in water quality.
If ever a place screamed out for PWB, Cambodia is it.
Regards,
Scott Denny

Edited 1 times.

Re: Plumbers Without Borders
Author: vic (CA)

Hi Scott,

Great to hear from you.

When traveling around the world even today it never fails to amaze me how badly the sanitary conditions can be in so many places. How the world keeps spending so much moneys on "repairs" (disease and illnesses caused by lack of safe drinking water and lack of proper disposal of waste) rather than "fixing" the conditions that cause the diseases, etc.

Sorry that I know very little about Plumbers Without Borders however it sounds like a great idea. Hopefully they've gotten back with you by now.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Vic

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.