Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Outdoor sink plumbing mechanical timer?
Author: DMHJ4EVR (NC)

I have a sink in an outdoor shed here in NC. Right now it is not hooked up and I'm looking to rent the place. My fear is people will leave the water running if I have just a normal hookup (and the water running won't be noticed for weeks). The water lines comes from the crawl space of the house and goes under ground. I will install a shutoff in the crawl space (right now it is capped off) and then install a shutoff where it comes up into the shed and then I want to install an in-line mechanical timer before the pipe splits and goes to the sink faucet and the outdoor spigot.

I have been searching for a product like this but can only find irrigation type timers. Is that all that exists or is there a better option for what I'm trying to do? (it is PVC pipe coming in - only about 1.5", maybe 2" (I can install adapters if needed).

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm trying to get this finished before I start renting.
Thank you!

- Dan

Re: Outdoor sink plumbing mechanical timer?
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Will the renters require the use of the sink in a shed ? How about a motion sensor faucet like is used in a public restroom ? You could use a pair line voltage valves controlled by a single pole double throw switch mounted inside the shed .

Thanks for the feedback thumbs
Author: DMHJ4EVR (NC)

THanks for the feedback.
The sink will be accessible by the renters but should not need to use it very often so that is why I thought of some mechanical timer.

I need the timer feature before the hose faucet hookup so they don't leave that water running either so unfortunately just using some of push faucet or sensor faucet wouldn't help with the faucet valve.

If I can't find anything else, I'll just use an irrigation timer (if I can find the right PVC adapters coming in and going out).

Thanks again.
-Dan

Edited 1 times.

Re: Outdoor sink plumbing mechanical timer?
Author: packy (MA)

you can install a 'time out' washing machine valve. just use hoses from the valve to your sink faucet.
[www.timeoutbykeeney.com]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.