Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Shower cold and hot reversed on Gerber 95-154 cartridge
Author: rogerbay (FL)

I have a problem with my shower in which cold and hot are reversed, water gets colder CCW, and hotter when turned CW toward the off position. So I'm wondering if I have a plumbing problem (hot/cold pipes reversed), or if somehow this Gerber 95-154 cartridge can be installed incorrectly such that cold and hot appear to be reversed. I know the cartridge is keyed such that it can't be put in backwards, but what I'm wondering is if the temperature stop (red ring that sets how hot it can get) can be put on wrong such that this happens. TIA.

Re: Shower cold and hot reversed on Gerber 95-154 cartridge
Author: steve (CA)

Just a guess, but I would remove the handle and see if the shaft can be turned 180* and then reinstall the handle.

Author: packy (MA)

steve, my 7th grade teacher (sister mary casilda) would have put a gold star on your forehead for guessing correctly.

Author: hj (AZ)

If that doesn't work, the valve body may have TWO slots for the key on opposite sides so it can be reversed.

Can't wait to try it! Thanks. big grin
Author: rogerbay (FL)

Thanks Steve. Yeah I saw a lot of posts about rotating the shaft 180, but for this particular model that doesn't seem to be the solution. I'm not home now to try anything but I think for the Gerber 95-154 it is the green plastic casing that I need unhook and rotate 180deg, looks like there are 2 retaining clips on the side that hold it in place, so lifting those should allow it to be rotated. Can't wait to try it! Thanks.

Edited 1 times.

Author: steve (CA)

The cartridge has a snap clip holding a rotation limiter on the shaft. I would remove the snap clip, lift off the limiter, rotate the shaft 180* and reinstall limiter and clip.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.