Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Basement Bathroom plumbing venting
Author: Larry Kuster (GA)

My house was built in 2001 with a basement bath roughed in below grade plumbing. I have the expected three lines in the basement floor, two 2" and one 3", an installed tank for the ejector pump. That is the extent of the work done. Vent lines are not existent. I was able to run a vent from the ejector pump through the roof, it wasn't easy going through two floors. I understand the pump should have a dedicated vent line and it does. The location of the basement bathroom makes a similar line almost impossible. With the pump having a dedicated vent, would using AAVs be an acceptable option?
Larry Kuster

Re: Basement Bathroom plumbing venting
Author: packy (MA)

always best to check with your local inspector.
in MA we can tie the bathroom vent into the ejector vent.
i would do that before i would use an AAV...

Author: hj (AZ)

The plumber would have to have been almost incompetant to install a basement bathroom and NOT provide a future vent connection at the ceiling. But there should be no reason you cannot connect your vents to the basin vents.

Author: packy (MA)

under mass code, no future vent is required if there is a 2 inch vent available in the basement.
so if there is a washing machine connection in the basement instead of venting it with 1 1/2 inch vent it with 2 inch and leave the vent exposed. this covers the future vent requirement.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

We have to go ahead and vent any future fixtures here. The carpenters have to frame around the vent pipes when and if the bath is ever finished.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.