Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Case 3000
Author: Joe61980 (TX)

I have two Case 3000 toilets which I have replaced all the internal parts and they have never worked correctly. Recently replaced the ballcock on one and unit balcock seemed stiff and would not shut off. Wife flushed toilet last night in middle of the night and balcock did not shut off water flow and not I have ceiling damage from the second floor toilet. What are good options on either new wall hang or converting to a floor mount toilet that drains from the bottom? I am at my wits end with these things!

Re: Case 3000
Author: bernabeu (SC)

? call in an actual plumber ?

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: hj (AZ)

The problem does not seem to be with the toilets but rather with the repair. Changing to EITHER option is NOT a simple process, although a different wall hung would be the easier of the two. The only way you could have water damage is if the water overflowed the top of the tank.

Author: Joe61980 (TX)

I think the seal at the back may have been actually leaking. I have had several plumbers work on these and none seem to be able to get them working. The fill valve sealing properly and coming down into the seat has been an issue and both have been replaced.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

? licensed bonded insured ?

if so, file a claim against their bond for subsequent damage

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Doug E. (CA)

all really depends on the initial install of the wall hung. If it's not sealing then got to find out why which is what an experienced plumber does. If there is access to install a traditional floor mount toilet maybe that is a good option to make this reoccurring problem go away.

Not every plumber is proficient in servicing Case/Briggs one-piece toilets, because they a special design.

Author: packy (MA)

Not every plumber is proficient in servicing Case/Briggs one-piece toilets, because they a special design.
i'm one of them..

Next class starts in June. There is a registration fee.

Author: packy (MA)

it might be june before we dig out around cape ann.
we had 80 inches of snow from the previous blizzards, got 14.2 more yesterday and have another 6 inches forcast for thursday.
as for the fee, is there a senior citizen discount?

quote; is there a senior citizen discount?

As I tell my "senior citizens", "Nobody gives me one so I don't either".

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.