Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No hot water in bathroom
Author: Zonz1285 (MD)

My wife woke me up about an hour ago telling me the heat, which has already been fixed, and the hot water was not working. Upon a nape ruin I found that the hot water was fine, except for in our downstairs bathroom. This bathroom is part of a home extension done before we bought the house. The cold water is running fine and at full pressure, but the hot is not, which in my opinion rules out a frozen pipe. I took the pipe going from the valve to the faucet off and there is no water coming out at the valve. The valve was never turned off so I'm leaning towards the hose going from the water heater to the valve. There is no valve to shut off that particular line, so I have to turn off all hot water to work on this. There is also some sort of cove fitting down there I have never seen. It's just a solid coupler with some kind of pressure fittings on the pipes themselves. I have been unsuccessful in getting either pipe out of that coupler. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you all.

Re: No hot water in bathroom
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I'd bet that it's frozen.

Author: m & m (MD)

You're frozen. Classic symptoms. What is a 'nape ruin'?

That was an inspection, I'm on my phone doing this. How would you suggest unfreezing the lines. Btw I took off the fittings under the sink and it seems like a very Very small amount of water is getting throughout.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

reconnect everything so that you can leave the line in the open position and still control the water flow if it thaws. Turn up the heat, open the doors in the cabinets and closets, run the hot water in other locations to advance hot water to the point where the bathroom T's off the main trunk line. Was the addition just a slab added on to a house with a basement? Is there any access under the addition?

Just a slab slapped on. There is no underground access, the lines are run inside a pvc pipe

Author: KCRoto (MO)

If you can access the Pvc at all, get a hair dryer on one end and let it run for a bit. The hot air should thaw the pipes. Once the water flows, it will melt the rest of the ice. Keep your faucets dripping once every couple of seconds in that bathroom until the temperature gets up a little outside.

Author: hj (AZ)

quote: which in my opinion rules out a frozen pipe.

Well, in MY opinion, that DOES mean a frozen pipe.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.