Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water pressure in a rented mobile home
Author: IamKaren123 (TN)

I live in a mobile home park and I rent a mobile home. Pardon my french but the water pressure sux! Everyone in the park has very bad water pressure. Isn't there a switch somewhere out by the main road that can go bad? Help someone please. I have never lived in a mobile home before and I never will again. Can't wait to move out but I do need to shower and you got to stand in there 30 min just to rinse your hair.

Thanks for any info,
Karen

Re: Water pressure in a rented mobile home
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

There are too many possibilities to list them all . Do you know if the water is being supplied from a well or public water system ? The pressure can be increased, the cost will vary greatly depending on the exact situation. It could be as easy as an adjustment of a pressure switch, or as expensive as adding a booster pump.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

Get pressure readings while you are running water, while you aren't running any water, and late night/early morning when nobody is running water. Depending on the readings, there are some steps you can take to improve your situation.

Author: hj (AZ)

It has NOTHING to do with a mobile home, and EVERYTHING to do with how the water is supplied. We have on idea what is causing the problem, so we cannot advise as to the cure.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I hate when that happens.......
How is the water line attached to your home? a garden hose? Chances are the issue is the trailer park using under sized pipes and you are just another victim. But in order to be sure, you need the help of a licensed plumber to perform an onsite inspection to determine the actual cause.

Let us know the results.
Best Wishes

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

If the park is on city water, there's no "switch" per se. There's a main shut off, and there might be a pressure regulator, but that is the landlord's responsibility to service and maintain.

I will say this: since other trailers in the park report the same problem, and it's an older park and if the supply pipes are galvanized.......Don't renew your lease!

There's a chance that the shower head is clogged. Unscrew it and see if the pressure is better.

Edited 2 times.

a public water system. We are on city water. It is the whole park that has bad, bad water prewssure, almost nil.

I am going to start a petition and go to every trailer in the park and get signatures. This has to be looked into. Everyone hates it. If you need to know, it is in Soddy Daisy, Tn.

Edited 1 times.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

You will still need pressure readings.

Author: hj (AZ)

YOU also need pressure readings from other buildings which are NOT on your site.

Author: Plumber3 (FL)

Until the trailer park fix's the problem Karen, take your shower head off so just the chrome 1/2 inch pipe (shower arm) is the facing downwards. This will beat you up a bit with water, but you should get a better amount of water showering until they fix the problem.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.