Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Replaced Posi Temp Cartridge But?
Author: birddoggiest (ID)

Hello all! I don't do much service work so I am sure someone has the solution. My shower valve at my house quit working so I replaced the Posi Temp cartridge and it still turns on for a sec then vibrates and quits. after it drips a while it vibrates and the water drains out. It must be the pressure balance is kicking in. I pulled the cartridge ran the water to flush it but no help. Any Ideas?

Re: Replaced Posi Temp Cartridge But?
Author: m & m (MD)

Pull the cartridge out and disassemble it so that you have separated the balancing spool from the core. Disassemble the spool and clean/flush any foreign material off. Reassemble and reinstall.

Author: hj (AZ)

Was it a Moen cartridge or an aftermarket one?

Author: packy (MA)

aftermarket??? i thought that was a place where the D-backs got their players?
oh well, at least the cardinals made the playoffs.
some people were talking about a patriots vs cardinals superbowl. not no more..

Author: birddoggiest (ID)

Yes Moen cartridge I took out of a new RI valve I had. I just went to the supply house and got another cartridge. Pulled the other. ran solder up both sides to make sure they weren't clogged and flushed them twice. Same problem with the new one? I am stumped. My house has 70psi and with the valve wide open without stem in @ 18PSI. I also have 2 othe PosiTemp showers that work fine.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

A pressure balancing spool can ONLY shut down one side or the other, NOT both. If one side does NOT have pressure, however, it will shut the other side down so no water comes out.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.