Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Hot water pressue issue with shower
Author: Seleric (CT)

I have had crappy hot water shower issues since buying the house 6 years ago. The bathroom sink hot water pressure has always had the same amount of pressure as the cold water. The cold water pressure in the shower has always been good.

I had the hot water coils replaced on my oil furnace due to sediment build up and the plumber also mentioned that removing the water temperature valve (which we did) would also improve pressure. That did help a little but the pressure decreased with time. I then increased the plumbing psi pressure and that didn’t help at all. Next, I had the shower plumbing redone with a different style diverter. Pressure was good for a bit, and then it decreased again. I replaced the diverter in the newly installed shower plumbing and the hot water pressure was the best it has ever been but that lasted about a month. Now the hot water pressure is the worst it has been. I replace the home water filter monthly but that never helps with the hot was pressure.

Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated!

Re: Hot water pressue issue with shower
Author: Paul48 (CT)

I'd look for a flow restrictor in the piping to the tankless coil. All tankless coils are rated for a certain gpm flow. To ensure the correct flow, a previous plumber may have correctly used one, but it has become fouled.
Get the thermostatic mixing valve put back on the system ASAP, before ( God forbid), someone runs 180 degree water over their head.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Hot water pressure issue with shower
Author: hj (AZ)

You really haven't given us enough information to give you a diagnosis. It MAY be a problem with the shower valve, or it could be everywhere if you use more than one faucet at a time.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.