Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 faucet washer blue/green or turqoise in color
Author: Marko1 (MO)

Hi,
My ex has a sink with back mount faucet.(i think that's the term, they mount on vertical surface at back of sink). it seems to go thru washers more frequently than normal(whatever that means). (size 1/4L i believe). I do not believe the seats are worn or damaged.

One time I found some washers that were bluish green in color and seemed more like soft plastic than the black rubber typical washers. Those washers lasted 3-4 times longer than the black ones. Now I can't find the bluish green types anywhere and have no idea what brand they were.

anyone ever hear of those or know what brand they might be?
Thanks

Re: faucet washer blue/green or turqoise in color
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Ferguson plumbing supply is where I get my blue washers.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

If you have a plumbing supply house, check with them first as they tend to carry higher quality products than big box stores tend to carry.

Author: packy (MA)

i would still replace the seats.
they are the main reason washers wear faster thasn usual.

Or depending on the brand and model of faucet, there may be ceramic replacements available.

being a back mount faucet, i doubt there are ceramic replacements available.
back mount's were only made by american std, kohler and eljer. (to the best of my knowledge??)

Author: hj (AZ)

quote; back mount's were only made by american std, kohler and eljer.

Almost EVERY company, plus a bunch of imports, make wall mount faucets. You left out Price Pfister, Chicago, Fisher, and a lot of others.

i was refering to the wall mounted bathroom lavs that came with back faucets factory mounted. yeah, some other companies may make replacement faucets but the 3 i mentioned also had some sort of integral lever for opening/closing the pop-up drain. (which was also factory mounted and propritary as well)

Author: hj (AZ)

Central and Indiana Brass made some of those faucets and sold replacements for them also. Those three were NOT the only ones who made "face mount lavatory faucets", they were popular in the 50s, so we would have to have more information if they wanted some parts other than the washers. some of those other "materials" are harder than rubber which affects their compressiblility and can cause premature failure.

I didn't read anything about a lavatory faucet just a "a sink with back mount faucet"

one of the problems with trying to diagnose a problem over the internet is making an assumption that may or may not be correct...
not too many homes have a kitchen sink with a back mount faucet (unlike leave it to beaver) so i assume it is a bathroom ledge back lav.
[www.google.com]

Author: Golden (VA)

First thing I thought of was an old laundry deep sink...wall mounted faucet the kind you could hang a bucket on

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.