Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Cadet 3 insulated tank toilet HELP!
Author: pith (NY)

About 5 months ago I bought two of the above mentioned toilets. A few days ago I noticed that both tanks were losing water slowly over a 90 minute period of time causing the tanks to turn on and fill about an inch to top off. I couldn't see anything wrong with either but supposed that water was getting past the flappers. Anyway I called a plumber, and he installed another flapper I had bought called "korky, which is designed to fit the cadet3 American standard." It seemed to work on one toilet, but not the other. The other toilet is still leaking.

Now the plumber noted that the water coming into the tanks was quite cold, and that perhaps that was causing the rubber on the flappers to stiffen slightly. Still, with two identical toilets, both new the korky seems to be working fine on one, but not the other. I spent a lot of money on these two toilets buying, and installing them, and am happy with them but for this. My old toilets didn't have this problem, and being that they're suppose to save water this is strange.

I'd appreciate any advise on how to remedy this problem. Are there flappers that might be heavier and thereby push down and seal the tanks better. My model number is 4021N, and it's a 1.28 gpf toilet. Thanks, pith

Re: Cadet 3 insulated tank toilet HELP!
Author: KCRoto (MO)

The flapper in the still leaking tank is most likely still a problem. Just because you bought it new doesn't mean it hasn't been sitting on the store shelf for 4 years getting stiff and warped. I would take it back and get your money back on it. Cold water isn't a problem for toilet flappers, it's what they are designed for. You can either use a new Korky, or go with a replacement from Fluidmaster. [www.fluidmaster.com]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.