Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Mixet shower valve problem (video)
Author: bar (AZ)

Based on the recommendations of a kindly gentleman on this board, I replaced my worn out mixet shower valve that was hard to turn with a replacement from Danon.

I am still having further problems that can be seen on this video here. [www.youtube.com]

But my old thread is buried and I am hoping to get some attention by reposting. If this is not cool, apologies, moderators please delete.

Basically, the hot/cold handle moves with the volume handle. When I open the valve suddenly the valve jumps and then the water starts flowing forcefully. When I close the valve the temperature handle moves backwards. Its all there in the video, better than I can describe

thank you for your attention

Re: Mixet shower valve problem (video)
Author: hj (AZ)

IT is not installed properly, (and it should not be leaking either). There should have been several brass rings/washers to insert inside the chrome sleeve to press against the cardridge to position it tightly in the valve body.

Thanks again HJ for your willingness to help. Yes, there were two metal and one thicker plastic washer that I installed according to the instructions.

I think my problem is that when I received the cartridge it was disassembled and I am not sure that I have put it back correctly. In the sense, that I think it needs to be adjusted. As it can be screwed together from both ends and depending on how much you screw in, it leaves different amounts of threads visible at the handle end. If you could give me some pointers on how to get that adjusted that might help me solve my problem.

I now have it adjusted such that is does not jump when it gets started but both the handles still turn together.

Also, the faucet is not leaking from the handle. It just looks that way from the video. The water you see if water that falls from the shower head.

thanks again for your help, I truly appreciate your effort to help all us guys out!

Edited 1 times.

So I figured this out. For anyone happening on this later...

There are two things you need to ensure...

1. Is that you tighten the chrome jacket all the way through. This can cause the hammering/jumping sound if there is still space

2. The other is to make sure that the cartridge is adjusted properly. Its hard to explain you can screw it at the back and the front. Basically when it is properly adjusted the plastic sheathing is snug with the back of the fitting and you cannot see any threads in the front.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.