Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Wall carrier toilet
Author: Jjar8504 (PA)

I am installing a new chair carrier and toilet on a very old docks planking floor I have secured the carrier as tight as possible to the floor but when the toilet in installed the carrier flexes about an 1/8 of an inch I have determined that the floor is actually flexing up and down with the carrier I have tried the make legs out of strut for the rod and have also bolted the carrier down through the floor to a piece of strut underneath has anyone ever encountered this or have any ideas for a fix

Re: Wall carrier toilet
Author: hj (AZ)

It is supposed to be bolted the studs in the wall, NOT just to the floor. It would be impossible to anchor it to the floor unless it was poured into concrete.

This is a commercial application so the studs are thin gauge steel

Author: KCRoto (MO)

I wouldn't have attempted to install it until someone had come in and reinforced the wall. Is this a conversion to make something ADA compliant?

No it's a zurn commercial carrier so there is no design to attach to studs they bolt to the floor they work just fine on concrete but the docks plank are just not solid enought

can you access the floor from underneath?

What is the part number of this carrier. Even Zurn's carriers for wall outlet floor mounted toilets are secured in the wall. Also they are designed for penal institutions… you aren't building a private prison I hope…

Lol model number is a zurn z1203 nr4

Then they have to be "backed up" with wood studs. Any construction company knows that and how to do it.

Then you either need "stud mount" carriers or a wall support bolted to the top carrier bolts.

Floor supported toilet carriers are designed for concrete floors, NOT wood. There is almost no way to stiffen a floor enough so that it resists the stress of a person sitting on a wall hung toilet.

Plenty of ways if you can access the floor from below.

Docks planning is cement from into sections such as 3'x20'with concrete poured on top of it

How much concrete? A 2" topping will probably not be adequate to stiffen it.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.