Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Circa 1960's Shower Controler
Author: jhellard (TN)

I have a 1960's house that I have purchased and I am in the process of remodeling. I have a Cinderella bathtub that has separate controls for the tub and the shower.

The fixture of the tub works fine. However the shower control when it is turned on has only the cold water. When I turn the control all the way to hot, I still get cold water.

The fixture is an old "Standard" but I have not been able to locate any other information on the controller or be able to research parts for the fixture.

I wanted to check and see if anyone may have any information or advice on this fixture.

Below shows the shower controller.

Thanks for any assistance.

Edited 2 times.

Re: Circa 1960's Shower Controler
Author: hj (AZ)

It is a Re-Nu valve model B-201 or K100 R, the difference being whether the "sleeves" inside the valve have washers on the end or not. The hot and cold sides are controlled mechanically, by sliding spools, so there should not be any way for the hot or cold to NOT flow properly.

Author: jhellard (TN)

Thanks for the information. Could it be calcification buildup inside the Hot Water valve that keeps is from working? The water in the house is extremely hard, as noted by the calcification on the fixture itself? Grasping at straws here.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

My guess is the B201 1/2 inch. All of the dies to make these parts went to TAPCO, div of Elias Industries. The dial plate (922-12) is still available as the original one is pitted.

Best Wishes

Author: hj (AZ)

the "piston" is brass with 4 grooves in it it sliding in a mating "cylinder". They are attached to a metal bar that is moved by the operation of the handle. Almost NOTHING could cause one side not to operate if the other side did.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.