Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 clogged toilet
Author: JoeG (TX)

Is it safe to use rid x in toilet if i don't have a septic tank?

Re: clogged toilet
Author: hj (AZ)

Of course, but if you do not have a septic tank why would you want to just waste your money doing it? It does NOTHING to unclog a toilet, nor will any other chemical do it either.

Edited 1 times.

Author: JoeG (TX)

toilet won't flush. tried snake and thinking it might be clogged in the sewer pipes. will rid x help?

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Not even a tiny bit. A closet auger would be my first choice.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

A professional closet auger is longer than a walmart special and can do the job that the cheapies can't get done. If you don't have one or can't borrow one, then you would be ahead to call a professional right from the start.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Thank My Friend is a standard plumbing joke............

Rid-X, DrainO and Several Other Acid Compounds, will only lighten your pocketbook, bill fold or credit card. Save your receipts and you may need them when you return those products with their various warranties.

I'd go with a licensed plumber. Your toilet is not really clogged... the drain is. And when a drain is clogged... it could be anywhere. Do it right the second time and have peace of mind and a toilet that drains.

Best Wishes

quote; Your toilet is not really clogged... the drain is.

Not always. I removed a toothbrush from a clogged toilet yesterday.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Kinetic Water Ram with a wad of newspaper ... smiling smiley

.... and away go troubles, down the (main) drain ....

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

all that would do would be to "jam" the toothbrush tighter.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

I had a couple of bad ones in the past, the most notable was one that had a kid dump about 8 pounds of assorted screws, nails, nuts, and bolts into the toilet and then tried to plunge it and got it all jammed so tight that even a wire and shop vac couldn't break it up. The other was a cap to a spray deodorant can. It got wedged tight enough that augers would only cause it to spin on its axis and never dislodge.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.