Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Expanding from 4 to 6 zones-New controller or add on?
Author: MagicMike (NY)

I have a Buderus Logano G215/4 boiler with the Logamatic 2107 controller and Buderus indirect hot water hear.
I also have 4 hydronic heating zones each with its own circulator pump (TACO 007-F5-7IFC)connected to a 4 Zone TACO SR504 controller (The DHW is controlled directly by the Logamatic).

I just finished my basement and need to add 2 more zones for a total of 6 heating zones.(The new plumbing work is all done and stubbed out into the boiler room).

Here is my question.
Can I add another 2 or 3 zone controller to this setup, or do I need to forklift the TACO 4 zone controller and replace it with a 6 zone (i.e Taco SR-506)? If I can add another controller, how does it get wired to the Logamatic Controller? Do I just connect both wires to the same lug on the Logamatic? Here is a link to the Logmatic Service manual (page 48) [www.buderus.us]

Thanks in advance

Re: Expanding from 4 to 6 zones-New controller or add on?
Author: Paul48 (CT)

Is it an SR 504 EXP? Or just 504?

Nope, It's just a SR-504.. Not the expandable one. Local plumbing supply told me to go with an Argo, they are all expandable?

When I had the system put in, I remember telling them to give me room to add more zones. But they claimed the SR-504 was all they had in stock. Sheesh..

They screwed ya. I'd still stick with Taco though. It's an American company,a good one, and we sure need the jobs.

Author: packy (MA)

the expandable 504 just means it has something like a telephone jack to plug into so it and another relay can communicate. you can still add a 502 for the new zones you just need to do slightly more wiring between them.
the 110V is marked just connect the two relays power together. the T-stats are clearly marked and the power to the circulators is also clearly marked. then all that is left is to connect the two end switches..
pretty simple..

How would you handle the run commands from the 2 different units for the boiler packy?

Author: packy (MA)

the end switch from one relay is already connected to the boiler control to call on the boiler. simply connect the end switch from the new relay to the old relay end switch.
don't you remember the old days when there was no such thing as a multiple relay. there were a bunch of R845's all wired together in some fashion.

XX on one connected to XX on the other..
OR both XX's connected back to TT or what ever terminals call the boiler on.

You're right....I forgot they are just dry contacts. It would save him about 80 to 100 dollars, just buying a 502. As packy said...make sure you use the same 120 volt supply. Just jump from the 504 to the new 502.

Excellent info! THANK YOU applause

Excellent info, sounds like a plan! THANK YOU both. Packy you have also given me sound advice is the past, and it is much appreciated.

Edited 1 times.

See if your state offers energy rebates for Taco Bumblee circs. Many are offering the rebates now, and you can get a Bumblebee for the same price as a 007. packy....check out Tacos new VT 2218. It's going to replace the Bee soon. Only available in New England right now.

Edited 1 times.

OK, I pulled the cover off the controller and I do not have ANY wires connected to X X (End switch). The jumper between ZC and ZR is removed and I have a (14 gauge high voltage) wire connected to ZC that appears to run to the burner.

With this being said, can I still add an additional controller, by connecting the ZC connections between them?

Author: KCRoto (MO)

Hey Mike, might want to throw this in a new thread, guys may not see it down here.

Thanks

Will Do, thanks

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.