Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Speakman Shower Valve Cartridge
Author: sfhuc (NJ)

Anyone know the part number for this shower valve cartridge? Seems the part is not avail at local plumbing stores.

Is there a part # or cross reference part I can use. I need to remove it and replace it.

Any special tool or tricks?

Does it just pull out with force?

Please advise.

Thanks

Edited 1 times.

Re: Speakman Shower Valve Cartridge
Author: hj (AZ)

It was part # G5-352, but the new number is G99-072

Thank you very much for the part number.
This is the handle. Just an FYI.

For the valve cartridge removal Is there any trick to remove it??. Seems stuck in there real good.. Should I heat the brass area or just pull harder using a vice grip?

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 times.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

How old? Before 80's, its all handled by TAPCO, div of Elias Industries and its consider the Old Speakman Valve.

Best Wishes

Great. House is Blt 1972. So valve us about the same. Any removal info would be greatly appreciated. Tkx

Author: hj (AZ)

Vise grips and some good hard pulls.

Thank you! smile

Thank you!

Edited 1 times.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

I am not familiar with speakman cartridges, but it appears to be recessed into the valve. Is there a retaining clip of some sort in there?

"c clip has been removed.

Thank you all for your help! clap clap

Final post. The part was in the shower for 45 years so it would not come out. Probably rust, minerals and time had it "welded in". For anyone trying to do the same repair. I was unable to pull the valve cartridge out and instead had to use a screw driver, torch, needle nose pliers, vise grips and an old fashioned car dent puller to tear the old valve out piece by piece slowly while not damaging the copper piping. It came out in about 100 pieces and took about 45 minutes. I cleaned the area and installed the new valve. Works great. Hope to do it again in another 45 year. Thank you all for your help!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.