Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Can't find Cpvc cts ball valve
Author: dsmay (VA)

I am trying to purchase a Cpvc cts ball valve with a bleeder, drain or vent.

Cannot find one please help.

Thank you
Doug

Re: Can't find Cpvc cts ball valve
Author: packy (MA)

do you have room to add a tee like this next to the ball valve? you can put a screw plug in it to act as a drain.

Author: m & m (MD)

I've never seen/used one with a drain port.

Author: hj (AZ)

There are many "unique" items made for copper or ips, that have such a limited usage that there is no reason to make them in PEX or CPVC.

The current ball valve is a cpvc cts with a drain. its three years old in new construction (ryan home). the Plumbers for ryan did not glue an unrelated fitting in the upstairs bathroom during construction. three years later it finally let loose flooding the first floor and basement. a restoration company came out and and removed all the damage. in the process of removing the kitchen cabinets, they unscrewed the handle off the ball valve in question and then lost it. so now the valve is leaking. i am the contractor for all the repairs. my plumber will replace this valve if needed but the problem is its so tight that the valve alone cannot be replaced. the entire section of plumbing will need to be redone starting below the floor... expensive. he says if i am able to locate another handle then no need to replace all that plumbing. here is the problem. i cannot find that valve type. cpvc cts 1/2" with a drain.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

what about a valve that doesn't have the drain? are there any valves that will match up? To be honest, I would rather have anything in my house than cpvc regardless, especially valves. Anything that might be called upon in times of stress(like a leak spraying somewhere) might get cranked too hard with adrenaline flowing. Is it possible to put in a sharkbite ball valve? [www.sharkbite.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

quote; he problem is its so tight that the valve alone cannot be replaced. the entire section of plumbing will need to be redone starting below the floor..

How about a picture? I cannot imagine anything being so "tight" that a whole section has to be replaced because of a bad valve.

im just trying to find a handle, if i cant find then i'll leave it to the plumber to decide how best to replace valve and with what materials.

i dont need a valve to have a drain as long as the handle is the same.

the location and and how tight it is against the other fittings prevents reading any identifiying markings and its the only cpvc ball valve in the house. thought it having a drain would narrow down the manufacturers, but not like this.

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

NIBCO

SIOUXCHIEF

'google' "cpvc stop and waste valve"

or Bing: [www.bing.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

did that google.

Finally found it. key word was drainable.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.