Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Peerless balls/cams interchangeable?
Author: Jorabi (NY)

Is the core of a Peerless single-handle kitchen faucet always the same? I want to replace all of the replaceable parts including the bonnet. They only sell the full kit (RP44123) for the ball with the round stem and the triangle cam. Mine has the diamond stem and slot cam.

If I am replacing everything, can I switch over to the triangle type?

Re: Peerless balls/cams interchangeable?
Author: hj (AZ)

That is the one difference between the old Peerless and Delta. Delta uses the round stem and Peerless the diamond shape. They sell the balls separate and the repair kits have both plastic pieces in them.

Thanks hj but I was asking if they were interchangeable (i.e., if I can use the round in a faucet that came with a diamond as long as I replace the cam too).

NO!. They operate completely differently, and your handle would not fit any way.

I'm going to try it anyway and will post my results! The core looks the same, and I happened to have a handle with a round hole in my junk pile!

Your body does NOT have the "positioning pin" that the round ball needs to operate properly. It WILL go together but the handle will flop around in all directions and you will have a hard time positioning it for the temperature you want. WHY are you so determined NOT to get the correct ball and plastic "cam"?

Because I need a new bonnet and adjusting ring too. I want ALL the parts in the kit RP44123 and they do not make the kit with the correct ball and cam. If I buy everything separately they cost a fortune!

It will still cost you extra, because you WILL have to buy the other ball and slotted plastic cam. That repair kit is for the "modern" Peerless faucets, you have an old 'original' model. In additon, when you use that ball and the lever handle, the hot will be on the right side and cold to the left, and you will probably need two hands on the handle to stabilize it and to help line it up to shut it off, or adjust the temperature. But do what you want to, just remember, "I told you so".

Author: HawaiiPlumber (HI)

I dont think the ball will even fit because the postioning pin will keep the ball from touching the seats. Just buy the kit and a separate ball. There like 8 bucks.

Thank you

In actuality I bought the kit and a new ball and cam. It was still cheaper than buying the dome and adjustment ring separately, and I wanted the brass adjustment ring that was in the kit. The stores near me only have nylon ones. So thank you both for your help. When hj first said they were not interchangeable I believed him. Just being difficult!

Edited 2 times.

That body does NOT have a "positioning pin", which is why the handle will flop around and be very hard to get positioned to turn it off.

Re: Thank you

quote; Just being difficult!

In that case you were lucky I was feeling charitable and did not say what I was really thinking about your idea.

Re: Thank you
Author: HawaiiPlumber (HI)

Your right. I had it backward

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.