Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Damsel in distress update - U will NOT believ
Author: Cici (CA)

For all of you who were so kind to help me (and for anyone interested in a nightmare story),. I have updated my camera findings today under my original post, Damsel in Distress from about a week ago.

If you scroll down a bit (or click below) you will find my original post with over 20 replies. I am still looking for advise, input or kind words.

[www.plbg.com]

Thank you.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Damsel in distress update - U will NOT believ
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

It sounds like you have all the evidence you need to make a case against him. I wish you well.

Re: Damsel in distress update - U will NOT believ
Author: KCRoto (MO)

In the future, I would always get a second opinion on any Major projects, not just plumbing. I won't say that Contractors aren't your friend, but you have to realize that they put business first. Some will take advantage, some will not. Unfortunately, any time that large amounts of money are involved, some people will let their moral compass stray a bit when they otherwise would not. This is especially true with rental property; it is already extra income for someone, so they can write off the expenses on their taxes. I had an employer tell me that, no joke.

It is just easier to make sure to always get 2-3 bids to compare "exactly" what will be done, in addition to the price. Anyone that is willing to put a specific price on paper to give you a detailed bid of what will be done and what will not, contingencies, etc. is probably your best bet, regardless of what their actual bid amount is. Typically, detailed bids are for larger jobs, and will be marked up to account for unforeseen problems. Experienced professionals know this and shouldn't surprise you later, and they also tend to charge a little more. I would like to say thank you for coming here and sharing your painful ordeal, it is never pleasant to be in your position. I hope that this matter can be resolved at least to partial satisfaction, as it is hard to ever be 'whole' on matters like this. Did he replace 40' of sewer line? yes. Did it need replaced? yes and no Could it have been resolved by a professional drain cleaner? probably

Tactics like this are what got me in hot water with my boss. I told a customer that another technician was trying to scam him basically. He needed the roots cleaned out of his sewer, the other guy said it needed replaced. Yes, it was full of roots and probably should have been replaced, but would it have lasted years with normal maintenance? of course In all honesty, I think that if the problem plumber were to return 60% or so of what he charged you, you should take that and be satisfied if you can do it out of court. In the meantime, I hope you find a quality plumber to take care of any future problems

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.