Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 sewer odor from newly installed bathtub drain WITH PHOTO
Author: alidues (NJ)

I am thinking my plumber didn't install a p-trap? Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. thank you

Edited 14 times.

Re: sewer odor from newly installed bathtub drain WITH PHOTO
Author: packy (MA)

do not, under any circumstances , call that person back ...
there is no trap for the tub.
in fact, if the 2" pipe going off to the left picks up the vanity and then vent thru the roof, the tub is wet vented and does not need a useless design vent.

don't want to alarm you but that work is atrocious...

Author: bernabeu (SC)

that was NOT installed by a plumber

it was installed by an @#$%&

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I see a minimum of 5 code violations. All that piping will need to removed and replumbed.

Author: m & m (MD)

That appears to be the head of a sledgehammer in the photo foreground. Use that to start over.

Author: hj (AZ)

Where do people find these guys. He is NOT a plumber, it is just what he calls himself. I would not pay him, and I would not call him back either because if he didn't know how to do it correctly the first time, the second time may not be any better. Just putting a "P" trap in the drain will NOT make it correct.

Long story short, we are in litigation. The walls and floor are all closed up now, - besides the p-trap missing, is there anything else that you see that needs immediate fixing? This has been a nightmare!

Author: steve (CA)

Is that window tempered glass? Your building code might require it be tempered.

we changed it to tempered glass

Author: hj (AZ)

The pipe goes under a 2x4, but the holes in the joists do NOT look like they are down far enough to give the pipe pitch. I assume that other 2" pipe was connected to something or capped off.

Author: packy (MA)

is there a ledger board for the tub back to set on?
is there mortar or some such thing under the tub?
I see 2 pieces of ABS joined with a PVC coupling...

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.