Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No hot water? Hot water cylinder not filling?
Author: phantomofthenight (AL)

Hi I'm staying a friend's holiday house and there is no hot water.

The only instruction I have was to turn the hot water cylinder on at the wall.

On the right of the photo are two black taps.

The central one is labelled water but there is not audible sound when it is opened or closed.

However when I turn the far right black tap (See photo) I can hear either filling or draining. When I open it completely the pipe connecting to the relief valve starts to overflow.

What is the black tap to the far right controlling?

The taps on the left are faintly labelled "hot water drain" and "cylinder drain".

The taps on the left are tightened but I suspect the tank is not filling?

Thanks in advance!

Re: No hot water? Hot water cylinder not filling?
Author: bernabeu (SC)

System is an Australian Company's design.

System is a nightmare even for the 'factory techs'.

Call your friend or live w/o hot water.

DO NOT ATTEMPT to DIY.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: No hot water? Hot water cylinder not filling?
Author: hj (AZ)

quote; System is an Australian Company's design.

I knew when they started talking about "cylinders" that it was not from the USA.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.