Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 tying in two fixtures at different heights
Author: sum (FL)

When you tie in two san tees one on top of the other for example in kitchen island left bowl and right bowl draining independently with own p-trap, if you have the room, do you swing the connection around so these two san tee openings do not align? In other words when the top one drains it will not pour right on top of where the bottom one drains?

Or does it not matter line them up so you have less clutter inside the sink cabinet?

Re: tying in two fixtures at different heights
Author: bernabeu (SC)

use ONE fitting = sanitary cross tee

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

you put them in the best way for them to work, but why are you using two tees? The most common way is to connect them together and use a single trap.

Edited 1 times.

That does not work in some situations, only works when you are coming from opposing directions.

I need to cut this one out, so I can look down and determine which way the elbow at the bottom faces, as well as to add a CO.

My question was the way I had it, where the two drains come in at a 90 degree angle, is that better?

Or does it not matter? If it doesn't matter I will try to swing them so they run more or less the same direction, which makes less clutter under the sink.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

It doesn't matter which way the tees are facing. I would have used 1 tee and an end waste to connect the bowl + disposal. You're using up about 6" of space there that you don't have to.

Sorry I didn't catch your comment soon enough I already redid it.

I did find out which way the drain elbow faces, which was the main objective. Then I also added a cleanout at the bottom, but I kept the traps in the same configuration as last time.

There is another recent thread about failure of an AAV and speculation that the installation needs to be air tight.

If you look at mine it's not air tight. The CO plug was threaded in with no dope or tape, the AAV was threaded in the same way.

Should I leave it this way, or add dope/tape?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.