Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Leak
Author: babiesrfragile (IA)

I recently moved to a house and when I washed a load water started leaking from the bottom left corner of the machine during rinse and spin cycle. my landlord said I had a bad washing machine well I bought a brand new washer and the same thing happened from the same spot. Once we liked under the machine we found water coming from UNDER the floor dieing the spin and rinse cycle. Weekday could be going on as the last a landlord promised there was no plumbing under the floor and that there is just about a foot between the floor and ground under neath. I Kay moved in less than 2 weeks ago and his response was well if you want to move out that's fine. so I think there is something really wrong. also there are nate water pipes visible outside of the house. Any ideas???????

Re: Leak
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I would accept the owner's offer and move.......
Best Wishes

Re: Leak
Author: sum (FL)

"landlord promised there was no plumbing under the floor"

If there is no plumbing then all it is is a hole that dumps into the ground below?

Sounds like you have a slumlord.

Did you sign a lease? Is there any termination clause in the lease like if you move you lose your security deposit and owe more rent etc?

I would first review your lease, you have tenant rights and your landlord is responsible for providing you with a home that is safe and habitable with everything mechanically functional etc...if he fails to deliver on his end, and know of these conditions, and still let you move in, then he should be on the hook for something. Review your lease and if it's done right it should say in black and white your landlord is responsible for air conditioning, plumbing, structural, pest, heat, etc etc etc...so hold him to the lease. You should make a plan B to find another home though.

Also, could check with the city's building department, ask for the plumbing plan for the house, or tell the owner you have a buddy at the city's building department who might come by to have a look to see if he can help identify the problem, there is no way you have a drain connection and there is "no plumbing under the floor".

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.