Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Vents on WC's
Author: dazataz (ME)

OK guys, my next little bit of uncertainty.
On the first floor (I didn't have this issue on second floor) I'm planning a WC with a flange, a 45 into a wye (with a CO on the backend) and then downstream a wye with a 2" takeoff for the Vent to a Street el, then running that line parallel along the joist until I get to a Wall that I can pop up throuh.

My question arises in that this horizontal line is technically below the flood rim - how to do this or is it an exception? - I didn't see any clear language again in the IRC or UPC.

Am I supposed to immediatley get through the floor and rise above the bowl before going horizonatal?

Clear as mud, or eh, #2 smiling smiley

Re: Vents on WC's
Author: x apprentice 22 (MA)

In Massachusetts we can t run a vent horizontally below the flood rim level unless the offset is 45 degrees or more. It must be 6 inches above the highest fixtures on that floors flood rim level. Ive seen it done here before. Some exceptions are wet venting and island sinks. Ask your plumbing inspector.

Author: hj (AZ)

It is NOT an exception, and you DO have to find a way to go vertical before transitioning to the horizontal 42" above the floor.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

If you can get the vent over to where you can drain a sink into it, then it'll be a wet vent and theres no problem with running horizontal.

Author: m & m (MD)

It must be within a 45* to 135* range off horizontal when it is unwashed.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.