Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Grohe Canada is not the same as Grohe?
Author: sum (FL)

I have this shower valve that I am trying to identify. The "stem" is broken.

The trim has no brand name or labels on it. After removing the trim plate, here is the valve.

The front part of the valve body is plastic. It says "TEMPRESS II".

The rear half of the valve body is brass.

After removing the cartridge, you can see the stem is broken.

The cartridge says "MADE IN CANADA".

So with that information I Googled and it took me to a web site named WWW.TEMPRESS.CA, a Candadian web site and I found the cartridge.

After I contacted them about where to get a replacement cartridge, they replied with an email directing me to some reseller in Virginia. However, the Canadian customer service who sent me the reply has a signature that identified her as from "Grohe Canada".

So this valve is actually from Grohe Canada who sells this valve via Tempress.ca and has a USA dealer in Virginia and all this has nothing to do with the regular Grohe? Huh?

It fits many brands
Author: steve (CA)

Pressure Balance Shower Cartridge. Replaces Tempress* II (Danfoss*), Central Brass*, Gerber*, Grohe* 47 080, Nibco, Rohl* 4103-1285, Indiana Brass*, and Phoenix*. Includes Chrome Plated ABS Handle. Download How to Install Tempress ii* Gerber*/Danfoss*/Grohe* cartridge for proper installation.

Also Replaces: Altmans* OM-35*, Brasstech* 1-028* & 1-207*, Broadway Collection by Schlage* 41031285*, California Faucets* CART-PBS*, Central Brass* 103-RC, Cifial* 41021285*, Danfoss* 47078*, Dornbracht* -415050-500090*, Eljer* V4750, Emco* 3103*, Gerber* 471080.000* & 97-510*, Grohe* Tempra 1000* 471080.000*, Harrington Brass* 62N128500T*, Indiana Brass* 25709*, J.L. Baril* 47078*, Jado* 599185.191*, KWC* Z-532-544*, Newport Brass* 1-027*, Pheonix* 3301-5-0*, Nibco*, Rohl* 4113-0001*, Tepress II* 47078*, Valley* 4727*, and Wolverine Brass*.

Re: It fits many brands

steve, you mean this is not a Grohe product but one made by some company that is sold through all these vendors?

Sort of like how Speakman used to make shower heads but branded under many other names?

If so why would an email to Tempress.ca for information be returned by a customer representative from Grohe Canada?

It does look similar to my other Grohe valves such as Grohsafe valves.

Author: hj (AZ)

Even though there are hundreds of valve mechanisms, there are THOUSANDS of different valves. Only a few "make" their own mechanisms, which is why a single part may fit dozens of different manufacturer's products.

Author: hi (TX)

Sum
Icannt figger the relationship between Grohe and Hansgrohe. It appears Hansgrohe may better quality but made in China and has many different styles. I think best to stick with an american brands delt, kohler, phister, moen.

Hansgrohe, Grohe and Hansa are brothers.

They are now three different brands. Nothing to do with each other.

The valve I have is made by Tempress but somehow a Grohe Canada rep answered my question and told me to get parts from the Virginia distributor.

Apparently the Tempress II valve was made by Tempress. A Canadian company. WWW.TEMPRESS.CA.

Tempress is owned by Grohe Canada.

They made the valve body for many other brands, some would have their own trim kits.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.