Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Faucet hose
Author: sum (FL)

I have a faucet a tall one for a vessel sink. The hot and cold hoses that come with it is threaded into the base of the faucet that is then screwed into a tall tube to elevate the faucet. The ends that screws into the faucet is a very skinny threaded connection, the other side is a standard female 3/8" connection.

The hose I have now is too short. It bearly makes it to the valve and thus put the hose under stress.

I couldn't find such hoses in the home centers. Would plumbing supply stores have them? What is it called?

VALVE CONNECTION - 3/8" compression

FAUCET END - some funky connection

Re: Faucet hose
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I'd use an extension on the 3/8" end. You can get a brass adapter thats 3/8" male for the supply line, and 3/8" female for the valve. Will add about 1 1/2".

I wish I could however the hoses have been badly damaged. The valves are behind a bath vanity with a back. So one hose went into the back of a drawer, which have been bumping against the hose for years to have kind of flattened it. Then the hose twisted into a hole in a divider wall and up the faucet. The steel braids are messed up too, probably from pulling them hard across the small hole of the cabinet wall, so now you have 1/4" tiny filaments sticking out along the hose and it feels like grabbing a porcupine.

I think many European faucet brands use this type of connection in faucets no?

Just went to a plumbing supply store. No luck, they said its a metric connection on the skinny end looks like a 1/8" but not really.

Author: packy (MA)

sum, they are out there.
do an internet search.
[slowfan.en.alibaba.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

quote; I think many European faucet brands use this type of connection in faucets no?

Yes, and so do many American companies also, but the common element to ALL of them is that they are proprietary connections and are NOT interchangeable. You have to contact THAT manufacturer for a replacement hose.

If it were ANY kind of "pipe thread" it would not have the "O" ring seal. If you were in Phoenix last week, I would say that you brought your hose into the supply house while I was there and I, and another plumber, both told you that you were out of luck unless you can identify the faucet make and model.

I don't see any markings on the faucet that suggests the brand or make.

Often the only identification is a tag on the hot water supply pipe.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.