Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Sloan valve making 'vacuum' noise after rebuild kit. Why?
Author: Engine207 (AZ)

I was having problems with my bathroom urinal not shutting off after I flush, so I bought a rebuild kit. After putting it all back together, it's making a strange sound at the very end of the cycle, just as it shuts off. What did I do wrong?

Here's an eleven-second vid of the problem:
[youtu.be]

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sloan valve making 'vacuum' noise after rebuild kit. Why?
Author: m & m (MD)

You did nothing wrong, you just have a new little nuisance noise to get used to.

Yeagh...that's not the solution I was looking for. disappointed How about I rephrase...

What is causing this noise and how do I fix it so it doesn't happen.

Author: m & m (MD)

Try throttling the valve back a little at a time...see if it's a volume/flow related noise.

Nope...I tried it at full open, just enough to flush, and a few turns in between. Thanks for the suggestion.

For all the problem it was before, this is new.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

not a normal sound

it should simply stop flushing at end of 'cycle', not 'burp'

try a disassembly and reassembly

verify correct parts for your model

get a new kit

redo

call plumber

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: hj (AZ)

That is a common problem as the valve shuts off. I obtained some special discs from Sloan that minimized the sound. Your urinal seems to be flushing too "strong" for it to have the correct parts in the valve.

Thanks everyone who offered helpful advice. thumbs

Interesting, I took out the new valve and put the old back in... Not only is the noise gone, but the original problem of not shutting off is gone.

Go figger. Thanks everyone who offered helpful advice.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thanks everyone who offered helpful advice. thumbs
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Sometimes, its the A15A disc issue. Sometimes, its the bumper in the stop. The refill ring that supports the diaphram must have the groove up.
Sometimes, with the internal kit removed, one has to turn the water on a tiny bit to allow any debris to flush itself.

Glad you found a resolve....

Best Wishes

Author: Maximus112 (OH)

Did you ever figure out why your valve was making that noise? I just had one installed, it's brand new and it is making that exact noise. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.