Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen sink clog!!
Author: rjw0730 (IA)

My kitchen sink is clogged. My son drained grease in it. At first it still drained but slowly, i poured draino down it and it caused it to stop draining all together. I took apart all the pvc pipe and put a 25 foot snake thru. This greasy mud like substance comes out. Ive hit a block but not sure if its the clog or corner. Im at a loss. Disherwasher wont run with it clogged. The snake goes about 10-12 feet in before it hits the block.

Re: Kitchen sink clog!!
Author: hj (AZ)

The "block' is probably NOT the stoppage if it was caused by the grease. If it is grease, your snake will go through it like Jello, without removing it.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

you can try the following 'hail mary'

pour an ENTIRE bottle of dish washing liquid into the sink drain

then 1 quart ONLY of warm water

let sit for 24 hours

if it don't work all you have lost is $2 and some time

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: rjw0730 (IA)

If i took the pvc pipes apart and poured draino directly into the metal pipes that pvc pipe goes into will push it thru? Ive been slowly pouring water down the pipe and it still backs up but is draining slowly. Been doing hot water thinking itll push the grease and muddy substance thru with dawn soap

Author: bernabeu (SC)

NO Drano EVER

do EXACTLY what I suggested or you are risking serious damage and/or injury

NO acid EVER

you have the proper advice from a retired competent plumber

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Drano and Acid Cleaners don't work that well on grease. But I'm sure that now you know that. Enzyemes, work much better. I hope you saved your receipts for the Drano. I'd ask for a refund.

A good word to your son, about the grease, might be a good idea too.
Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.