Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 water supply line to kitchen
Author: paulputnam (FL)

I had my house re-plumbed and the plumber ran the water supply along the attic rafters and then came down through the ceiling on the outside of the wall, ran the pipe 3 feet and then back into the wall to connect to the pipes running inside the wall down to the stops. I had to remove those supply pipes outside the wall to install new cabinets. I cut the supply lines and i had to put a 3" rise in the attick to run over the joists and ran the 3 feet, drilled through the 2 x4's and connected back to the pipe running down this inside of the wall down to the stops. Turned the water back on and have water everywhere in the house except the kitchen. Is this because of the 3' rise that I had to install? Why do i not have water coming out the kitchen faucet? Both hot and cold, no water. No leaks anywhere.
Thank you

Edited 1 times.

Re: water supply line to kitchen
Author: Boerne Joe (TX)

Is the old piping in the wall galvanize? If so, each time you turn the water off, the rust and build-up on the inside of the pipes breaks loose. Shut off the main water supply, pull the stops, get a bucket and someone to briefly turn on the water and see if any debris exits. Also check the supply lines and inside the faucet. Good Luck..Also check your aerator on the faucet.

Edited 1 times.

No, it is CPVC.

Turn off the stops under the sink. Take loose a supply line from the faucet, get a bucket and then turn the stop back on with the supply line going into the bucket. See if you get any water.

Tried that, no water from either hot or cold came out.
Tried that again. Tried both this time. got a lot of air out of the hot line, but still no water up to the faucet.

Edited 1 times.

Are you sure you connected back to the correct piping and not some older pipes that may have been left and capped off in the wall?

Is your water supply under pressure or gravity?

Edited 1 times.

Yeah, those were the only pipes there. Like i said, I am dumbfounded.

Is your water supply under pressure or is your water fed by a gravity system?

Under pressure, It is city water.

Then the three inch rise is not going to effect the re-route. Are there any other valves which could have been shut-off for this fixture branch?

The only valve other than the main i shut off was the at the hot water heater. That is turned back on and I could hear the water filling back up when I turned on the main. Hot comes out of every other faucet.
I tried again to disconnect at the stops and turn on the stop and now I have water coming out from the stop, but not up to the faucet.

Edited 1 times.

i disconnected both stops this time and got a lot of air out of the hot line. hooked them both back up and still just a dribble out of the faucet. Also, when i turn the single handle off, it still dribbles out of the faucet even though it is off. Strange again.
Could it be the faucet?

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

There's probably debris, dried glue, etc hung in the faucet. A complete teardown, cleaning and reassembly should fix the problem.

Author: hj (AZ)

The "rise" has nothing to do with the lack of water, but just using your description, I cannot imagine what the problem could be unless it is the existing piping inside the wall to the sink.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

remove the faucet aerator

flows now ? !

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.