Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 What brand of toilet is this?
Author: sum (FL)

I am trying to figure out what brand/model this toilet is. There is no label or marking that I can see.

At first I thought may be this is some cheap China copy cat toilet - which it could be - because of shape of it kind of reminds me of the German made Duravit. But when I look around in the bathroom the medicine cabinet by Robern, kitchen sink by Franke so may be it is some known brand.

Inside the tank, there is a marking in the middle, hard to read but seems to say "RT14"

Reason I ask is - there are two buttons on the lid. Each a half circle. I assume one is for #1 and the other #2? Well one side does not work and the other does. When I removed the lid I can see under the two buttons are two plastic pieces that extend down when pushed and one of them seem to be shorter or broken? If I just press down WITHOUT the tank lid, both sides work. So may be I need to replace the buttons? Not knowing what brand it is I am not sure where to look for parts.

Lastly, I would like to replace the valve with a quarter turn valve, but this toilet is such I don't think I can do that without removing the toilet first.

Re: What brand of toilet is this?
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Jacuzzi made a tank lid like that, it appears to be the same flush valve as well. I'd bet that parts from a Jacuzzi brand would fit yours.

Author: SMSPlumbing (MD)

I saw some pics of a Fresca Salerno FTL1018 that looked similar

Thanks North Carolina Plumber and SMSPlumbing.

In addition to the Dual flush button not working, the flush valve too is leaking, because I can see a trickle of water slowly and continuously flowing into the bowl.

So I need to replace the flush valve too...unless I can just replace the flapper, but I don't see a flapper in this thing.

More pictures.

The back of the tank has a few light letters "LT14".

Underside of the tank lid says "QC-LRD" but that sounds more like someone named LRD in the QC department?

How do I remove the flush valve?

It is a one piece toilet so no tank bolts. Does it just come out by turning in one direction?

A bit more investigation on the "tank" leak.

If I turn off the supply angle valve, the leak to the bowl stops. This suggest it is not a leaky flush valve, right? Because a leaky flush valve will leak slowly until the tank is empty.

Then I started to play with the fill valve. When the water reaches a certain level about 2" from the top of the tank the filling sound stops but replaced with a hissing sound. It seems the filling only slows but doesn't stop, and continue to fill up the tank and water spills inside the overflow tube, hence the leak.

I played with the plastic nylon screw that adjusts the fill valve mechanism and couldn't find a position that would stop the filling 100%. So I think this fill valve is broken.

Here is a picture of the guts again - with the thing on top of the flush valve removed.

Can I replace this with a regular FluidMaster fill valve? Would that work?

Now I removed the piece on top of the flush valve and looked at it and I noticed at the bottom there is a piece of soft round plastic disc that has an irregular edge. Is this normal or is this a damaged part?

and what is this red tab that slides open and close?

Another view of the toilet. I searched on the net all the names suggested here, no perfect match though.

TOP VIEW

PROFILE VIEW

LABELS UNDER THE TANK LID

LABEL INSIDE TANK, BEHIND THE OVERFLOW TUBE SAYS "LT14"

I searched "LT14" on the internet, nothing.

One final question, does it look like I will be able to install a quarter turn valve in this tight space? The existing valve seems to be nudged back into the wall by the back of the toilet.

I think if I do one I will point the supply tube connection NOT UP.

Author: vic (CA)

From the photo to me it sure looks like you'll be able to install a new 1/4 turn angle stop.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.