Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta Faucet Check Valves
Author: Wonko_the_Sane (OR)

Faucet model: Delta "Arabella" 19950-SSSD

I need to find something to replace one of the two small plastic check valves that go inside the wand.

After you unscrew the hose, you can look inside & see the top one. They are tan colored & stacked on top of each other. You can pull them out with a hook. Once the 1st one is out you can see the 2nd & remove it the same way. After they are out you can see a red o-ring around them.

The top valve acts as a filter & collects all of the rust from our 40-year-old pipes. The lower one is still functional as a valve.

I contacted Delta & they told me that they can't sell me the check valves; they would have to sell me the complete wand assy for about $80.

Call me crazy, but I can't see spending $80 for two 50-cent valves. OK, they'd be $5.00 each after the accountants got finished with them.

Can anyone suggest anything to replace the top valve with after it decides to go to the Big Plumbing Supply House in the Sky?

I'm going to go out on a limb & guess that the in-wand check valves are the same for most of the pull-out models.

Re: Delta Faucet Check Valves
Author: hj (AZ)

You are going about it the wrong way. You call Delta and tell them you need a new "wand". and they will send you one. Do NOT offer to buy one.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.