Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 water line to refrigerator
Author: douglasr12 (NC)

Hi
Iam wanting to run a line to my refridgerator for the ice maker.
I have 1/2 in pex in the basement near the area, but cannot find what i need to downsize to 1/4 in for ice maker hook up.
Are there pex fittings for this , or do i need to go a different route
Any thoughts are appreciated

Thanks

Re: water line to refrigerator
Author: m & m (MD)

Install a sharkbite tee in the PEX, and take 1/2" PEX to a sharkbite compression valve that has a 1/4" outlet. You'll want a valve accessble in the basement even if you install one behind the fridge.

Author: packy (MA)

do an internet search for .. Watts Water Technologies QCK-25 Ice Maker Kit ..
very simple install.
tee has a built in ball valve and is sharkbite on 3 sides.
2 sides for the pex you have and the 3rd side with a small ball valve feeds 1/4 inch to the ice maker.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

In those situations I normally cut a hole in the wall behind the refrigerator , drill a hole thru the bottom plate and stub down with 1/2" pex to be tied in the basement. Up top I use an Oatey icemaker box with a lead free 1/4 turn valve, from there to the refrigerator I use a 1/4" X 60" stainless braided supply line. The box fits the hole in the sheetrock so there's no repair work to be done.

Author: hj (AZ)

He can also do a search for a John Guest "supply line valve" which attaches between the angle stop and the supply line. It also has a ball valve and 1/4" compression outlet, but does not require any piping changes.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.