Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 kohler devonshire trim kit
Author: mikedel28 (NY)

Anyone have any problems with this trim kit not fitting? I installed a kohler pressure balanced k-304 shower valve according to rough in specs ( 3.5" from centerline of supply piping to front of finished wall) and I cannot get the handle to engage the plastic threaded retainer. The strange thing is that it comes with 3 different length stem adaptors, but the retainer doesn't seem long enough. When I put the faceplate and pivot ring on, there is not enough of the retainer sticking through to thread the handle on. So, I thought I may have screwed up the rough in, but I stuck my measuring tape in and it is right on. Any ideas? I see there is a deep wall rough in kit available, but it is not clear if it will extend that retainer at all. I just installed 4 of these same valves on another project, and had no issues, although they had different trims.

Thanks
Mike
GF MP license # 220

Re: kohler devonshire trim kit
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

3 1/2" is deep for a rough in, I aim for 2 3/4". I'm pretty sure the kit will extend the threads for the handle.

Author: r20926 (NY)

I am having problems with the pivot ring. How did you get it on? The engineering on that thing is horrible...

Thanks...

Author: Nashville (LA)

I am having the same problem but I have the Artifacts trim kit. Same problem though. Regarding the black plastic retainer that snaps on the back of the seal plate, the threaded shank is not long enough and the front edge of the shank is barely flush with the edge of the faceplate. There is not enough thread sticking out for the bonnet to engage and be screwed in. Which really doesn't make sense because the bonnet is plenty deep enough. This clearly seems like an engineering goof. Why wouldn't they just make the threaded shank of the retainer about an inch longer? And this has nothing to do with the depth of the valve installation because the seal plate is flat against the finished wall once it is screwed down.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.