Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Bathtub will NOT drain.
Author: Bathtubclogfromhell (OR)

Okay so ever since I moved into this house years ago I've had plumbing issues. Broken pipes. Frozen pipes. We have one bathroom sink that when you look in you can't even see a way the pipe goes but currently I am stuck on the bathtub. We get clogs regularly. I have done everything possibly imaginable except call the plumber which I can't afford. I plunged it while shoving a rag in the overflow. Ive snaked it. (Got not even one single hair out) I did the chemicals. I did the baking soda and vinegar. Plunged more. Going on 4 1/2 hours today of fighting with it. Theres no access panel. I can't get to the pipes any other way except the bathtub itself. For awhile when I plunged it just shot dirt out. (I really am in need of a shower) I have no idea what to do. Snaking it and putting metal hanger pieces brings up absolutely nothing. Ive watched countless videos, read forums, scream, yelled. Nothing works. Help!

Re: Bathtub will NOT drain.
Author: hj (AZ)

You have probably spent more on chemicals and that "useless" snake to have afforded a plumber. At this point, you have done all you can so just pretend you need a root canal, and then use the money you would have spent on it for a plumber.

Author: Lee (NJ)

You should check the website called "Youtube". Type in bathtub will not drain. Possibly type something similar to bathtub will not drain.

Check that site thoroughly.

Maybe make a device. Get a hose(maybe radiator hose available from auto parts store) that will fit down the pipe that is the overflow where the flow divertor exsists. Stick the hose down that pipe(make sure it is somewhat snug maybe cut it on an angle to get it into pipe) where the flow divertor exsist. The divertor is the lever that sends water to tub or shower. Jimmy rig a hose; at the end of the hose connect somekind of adaptor. You will have to do the micro-thinking on this one - but somehow connect an air compressor to the end of the hose and start with a low pressure and work your way up gradually. I believe the air will eventually push the water that exsists before the clog and push the clog down stream to the waste pipe. You probably will have to put a wet rag in drain of tub. Remove strainer in tub stick wet rag to stop air from escaping when you are delivering air from compressor to hose down to clog.

Good luck

And, after you have wasted, maybe a couple of hours, and had to locate or buy a compressor, then you might want to call a plumber, who would probably clear the problem in about 15 minutes or so.

We did one bottle of chemicals. More than anything its been plunging.

I watched every single youtube video i could find. Just to see how each person would do it and tried every way they did. Thought i would try here, guess that was a mistake.

quote; Thought i would try here, guess that was a mistake.

Why? Just because we did not tell you some other useless method to try. We are not here to make you feel good. We are here to give you viable answers to your problem. You seem to have already tried all the DIY solutions.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Chin Up Homeowner. Their is not much more YOU can do. You have done your best, without success. The best thing you can do at this point is "professional intervention." The clog, could be a defective waste system and no amount of chemical or rodding will resolve the clog issues. But you won't know for sure without a licensed professional................

A Licensed Plumber.
Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.