Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Disney World Copper Pipes
Author: sum (FL)

In Disney World Orlando's Animal Kingdom, they use a lot of copper gutters and drains. I think it is to match the old world look? Nice gutter seems custom work, and copper straps etc...

This is expensive stuff right? All this copper? Looks nice and obviously spared no expense.

But why would they spend all this money on all this stuff, and then use rubber couplings? Doesn't that ruin everything?

Also, the transition to the pipe below is weird. It seems the couplings they used were not designed for the copper pipes, so they had to crimp and warp the pipes to squeeze them into the Fernco, or may be they tightened the bands too much.

I don't get it you spend so much money to create a look and use rubber couplings and evidently the wrong sizes.

I guess you all can tell where I was during spring break laugh.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Disney World Copper Pipes
Author: hj (AZ)

What would you expect them to use for the transition, although they could have used a proper sized transition coupling.

Author: WC (VA)

Agreed.

Mask the copper pipe and surrounding area -- use a little non-gloss spray paint of the right color - and they would be a LITTLE better hidden - camouflaged. Probably then only a plumber OR dedicated DIYS'er would ever notice.

I don't know.

I just thought they spent so much money in creating this old antique look, then you see a rubber coupling. I thought they would use large copper couplings and solder them, why not? They can afford to have special ones fabricated, or at least paint them the same color.

Author: m & m (MD)

sum, you see/look too much. The average yo yo would never follow the pipe to the ground. His gaze would stop somewhere around knee level.

When I am on vacation, I am NOT concerned about the theme park's plumbing, except maybe in the restrooms.

hj and m&m,

I wasn't looking for the plumbing. I was actually looking at the antiques copper gutters, admiring it and wondering how expensive it is to do all this, it was raining that day too, so as you all know lots of standing around waiting in line at theme parks.

But when I left the line for a minute to take a close up photo of the rubber couplings, a few people looked at me with that "what is he looking at, not taking pictures of mickey and Donald, taking pictures of pipes!" look.

I think a few years here asking questions made me a plumbing curious haha.

quote; antiques copper gutters,

They were probably antique "looking". Several new houses in this area have copper gutter and downspouts, and a couple even have copper roofs. Whether they eventually have the green copper patina will depend on whether they have a clear coating on them.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.