Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kohler Shower Faucet
Author: Rudy (VA)

Hello; this is my first post so please bare with me please. I have a town house that was built in 95. Two of my showers have Kohler Faucets. The guest shower will only periodically have hot water. My main shower was doing the same, until I changed the original black rubber washers with new ones. On both there is a 3 " tall cartridge with 4 metal screws that fits onto the metal part of the faucet. I was able to fix the main shower by changing the washers only. That one drips a bit , but works, the guest Shower I did the same, yet no change re: hot water, and there is a leak when I turn the faucet on. Please share which part regulates the hOT WATER and is there a possible solution without having to replace the entire faucet? Would replacing the 3" tall cartridge be a soulution??
Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give!

Re: Kohler Shower Faucet
Author: packy (MA)

Rudy, call 1 800 4KOHLER...
free advice and free parts.

Re: Kohler Shower Faucet
Author: hj (AZ)

There should be a black "balancing valve" inside the faucet "underneath" the piece you removed and if that is stuck it will give the symptoms you describe and WILL have to be replaced.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.