Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Beckett Genisys Furnace/hot water not lasting
Author: jeannette (NH)

Hello all.

I recently bought a house with a beckett genisys furnace model 7505. There is no hot water tank, as there are hoses and pipes going through the furnace.

I thought it would be sooo cool to have what I thought to be tankless hot water, or "on-demand hot water".

Not the case.

Regardless of where the water goes, the hot water is very limited. The shower is the worst.. You can have a warm shower for about 5 minutes, and then it dissipates to cold in another 2 minutes. Filling the bath for my little guys is near impossible. We get about 2" into the bath and then the water is running cold.

I've tried turning it off and waiting for the water to heat up again (Like we used to with the old house and its small hotwater tank) but that only produces warm water for another minute.

I have a single handle temp/pressure control for the shower.. I thought maybe this was the problem, but this happens at the kitchen sink when I'm doing the dishes as well.

I can run the water from any faucet in the house, and it will be warmer than ice cold, but not significantly warm.

The furnace was installed 2 years ago. I moved in last year. I've never had it serviced (the home inspector was impressed at its newness and brand) so I didn't think I'd have to.

The hot water loss has been an issue since we moved in.

I am pretty handy, and I'm hoping that there is some kind of maintenance or adjustment that I can do myself.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

-Jeannette

Re: Beckett Genisys Furnace/hot water not lasting
Author: m & m (MD)

On the front of the boiler there is an operating control (aquastat). It has a "lo" temperature setting and a "hi" temperature setting. You should check these settings and be sure they are set at the manufacturer's suggested settings (in the operating manual).

Author: packy (MA)

genisys furnace model 7505 is not a furnace, it is an oil burner and a control.
more accurate info is needed to help.
what brand boiler do you have?
what is the gallons per minute rating of the tankless?
is there a flow restrictor on the cold inlet to the tankless.
what is the temperature of the hi limit set at.
does your boiler water temperature self adjust according to outside temperature.

Thank you for your quick response! I don't have the manual!! Is there a PDF online that I could find?

My brother's room houses the furnace (newly finished basement in split level) so I'll have to check on that when he wakes up.

Would there be any other troubleshooting suggestions I can take with me, in case that one checks out?

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

If the system is still under warranty, why not call out an expert and get all those issues resolved. I'm really surprised you waited this long, to address any of those issues.
Best Wishes

Author: Paul48 (CT)

packy is correct. You need to look closer at the boiler to find out what make it is. All the documentation should have been left with the boiler.

Author: hj (AZ)

quote; I'm really surprised you waited this long, to address any of those issues.

She stated that she "recently bought the building", and even if the documentation was "left with the boiler" the sellers may not have turned them over to her when she bought it. There are so many possibilities for the problem that only someone at the house doing his own tests and diagnostics can determine what is happening and if there is an "economical" solution.

jeannette.......can you post some pictures of the boiler? Stand back a little so we can make out the piping.If we can determine the make of the boiler, we can stear you at the manual for it. Look on the boiler cover itself for a tag.The Genisys is just the burner control. Look for other controls, such as Honeywell.

I'm sorry...My comment about the documentation was not helpful. It is frustrating that homeowners do not leave the documents with the boiler. It's such a critical system in the home, and home inspectors should be looking for these things to be present.

Thank you to everyone who has responded; much appreciated!

Thank you! I will get a picture as soon as I can access the room. Its in my brother in laws room, and he's still sleeping!

Thank you to everyone who has responded; much appreciated!

Edited 1 times.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

That is why I asked of any warranty and to consult with a factory authorized rep.
Best Wishes

This may help you to understand what it is you have [www.comfort-calc.net]

Author: steve (CA)

[www.beckettcorp.com]

Scroll down on the left for manuals.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.