Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 HOT WATER HEATER..HELP ME PZ
Author: Gfletcher (DE)

Two weeks ago I notice my hot water was not all that hot like it use to be I called Rheem and they told me I'm still under warranty so they give me NEW ONE and I got a plumber to replace it. The next day I notice the water was not all that hot like the day before when it was installed now it's doing the same thing as the old one..if I turn off the shut off valve above the hot water heater and leave it off for about 45 minutes then turn it back on the water comes out real hot like a supposed to but after a day or two it start to go Luke warm again but if I shut off the valve again and leave it off for 45 minutes then turn it back on its hot all over again.. Please help me

Re: HOT WATER HEATER..HELP ME PZ
Author: Plumberpalmer (MA)

Is your house on a concrete slab ? If so you may have a leak on the hot water line.

No it's not.. And my house is only four years old.. And I just pay this plumber to replace the hot water heater I calling him to see if he would know what the problem is And he have no idea

Author: hj (AZ)

You ARE describing what happens when you have a hot water leak, but there are other possibilities but we would have to be there and do our own testing. You can be almost positive that it is NOT the water heater causing your symptoms.

That's what everyone keeps saying... But when I turn everything off and I check the water meter outside it's not moving so I don't think that I have a leak?

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

What do you turn off before checking the meter ? All valves should be left on.

Author: hj (AZ)

quote; so I don't think that I have a leak?

That is very possible, but the hot water is going SOMEWHERE. I have had plumbers tell me, "I do not have a leak", and almost have to hit them over the head with a 2x4 to convince them to check for it "properly".

I will definitely check for a leaks thanks everyone I really appreciate some help

Author: bernabeu (SC)

leave ALL fixtures in service except toilets and ice makers

check that there are no visible 'drips'

check water meter at 20 minute intervals for 1 hour - if movement then leak

if house is 'valved off' you can't find a leak by checking meter

DOH

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thank you very much for your advice

Thank you very much for your advice

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.