Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Help attaching sprayer hose!
Author: allgatheredup (CO)

I need help re-attaching my sprayer hose on my sink. For the last 2 days our drain pipe for the sink going out of the house was frozen. Finally today I took apart the piping, disconnected the sprayer hose to use under the sink to spray hot water through the pipe to clear the frozen water and clog with high pressure water. It worked!

Well now im stuck putting the sprayer hose back on to the water line. I cant figure it out for the life of me.

The hose itself just has a little metal fitting with 2 notches. (Not threaded). The connection under the sink has two nubs shown in the pic. It originally had a plastic delta quick connect fitting over the hose fitting but I cant even get that to work. I slide the hose on with no attachments, it sprays all over under the sink. Use the delta plastic thing (that i swear does nothing) it sprays all over. Hell i even tapped the damn thing on but the pressure is so hard it shot it back off!

What am i doing wrong?

Any assistance please !?!

Re: Help attaching sprayer hose!
Author: m & m (MD)

So which end is doing the leaking, the one where the head attaches or where the hose attaches to the faucet? Are you pushing the hose far enough on to the fitting?

Author: allgatheredup (CO)

Is spraying out from where the hose attaches under the sink.

I figured out how to use the Delta Quick Connector that was on there, I had it backwards. But all its doing is holding the hose on there. It keeps it connected but water sprays everwhere at the fitting. In order to get it off you pop the little wire ring that holds the two pieces of plastic together and the hose than will slide off.

Im curious if there wasnt a washer or some sort along with that connector that kept the water from backing out the fitting. I have no clue.

This is what the connector im talking about looks like.

Author: m & m (MD)

That's it, there are no other parts. You just need to have the hose pushed fully in position and then let the snap fitting join it to the post.

Author: steve (CA)

I believe there should be an o-ring on the end of the "undersink connection" pipe shown on your drawing. It might have rolled off and stayed in the hose socket. Either still being there or it blew out when the water was sprayed through.

Author: packy (MA)

this is why i always apply silicone grease to "O" ring connections BEFORE i snap them together.
the ring can roll out of position when assembling or dis-assembling

Author: hj (AZ)

Call 1-800-345-DELT and have them send you a new one. You must have lost or damaged the "O" ring seals when you removed it.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.